3D Software Programmer
Job Description: Third Dimension Technologies (TDT), located in the Solway area of Knoxville, TN, is building a revolutionary true 3D display (no special glasses or head gear required) for multiple viewers. Our team is looking for a 3D software programmer (knowledge of OpenGL a big plus) to assist with software development for Streaming Media Field of Light (SMFoLD) standards development (transmission of 3D scenes over the network in a standard manner) and to support development of improved software for TDT’s multi-projector light field displays. The ideal person will have some background in 3D computer graphics and excellent C/C++ programming skills with some knowledge of Python (for running scripts to generate code) or a willingness to rapidly develop familiarity with Python. Equity in the company is available.
Company: TDT is a high-tech startup based in Knoxville, Tennessee, near the University of Tennessee and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Our company has developed a beta product for the Air Force, known as the Holographic Angular Slice 3D Display (HAS3D), and we are looking for a fearless critical thinker that is a passionate believer in true 3D display technology to assist in the development of the HAS3D product line (see www.seetrue3d.com ).
Desired Skills and Experience:
• At least a B.S. or M.S. in computer science or strong experience in computer programming.
• Strong algorithm skills (research, design, development and implementation)
• Excellent C/C++ coding skills
• Familiarity with Python
• Understanding of OpenGL and Direct3D APIs, or willingness to rapidly learn.
• Computer Vision skills, or willingness to learn
• A good mathematical background (ability to work with matrices and trig)
• Effective communication and collaboration skill
• Must be a U.S. citizen or have a green card
This position is full time and candidate must be willing to relocate to Knoxville (or Oak Ridge), Tennessee area.
Application: Please send an email to email@example.com and provide:
• Contact information including email and phone,
• Resume or CV with publication list,
• Coding sample (preferably Github).