Job Description: Third Dimension Technologies (TDT), located in the Solway area of Knoxville, TN, is building a revolutionary true 3D display (no special glasses or headgear required) for multiple viewers. Our team is looking for an R&D Engineer/Scientist to develop complex rendering algorithms to support multi-projector light field displays. The ideal person will have a deep background in image processing or 3D computer graphics with a clear understanding of computer vision and light field displays. Any one of these qualifications or a strong background in Software Engineering or Computer Science is a good start.
Company: TDT is a high-tech startup based in Knoxville, Tennessee, near the University of Tennessee and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Our company is preparing to release a beta product, known as the Holographic Angular Slice 3D Display (HAS3D), and we are looking for a fearless critical thinker that is a passionate believer in true 3D display technology to assist in the development of the HAS3D product line.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Nominal 2 years’ experience in industry or as a Masters or PhD student
• Strong algorithm skills (research, design, development and implementation)
• Excellent C/C++ coding skills
• Familiarity with Python and ability to learn new coding languages quickly
• Advanced understanding of OpenGL and Direct3D APIs
• Computer vision skills and familiarity with digital cameras
• Strong mathematical background (vector and matrix computations)
• Effective oral communication and collaboration skills
• Masters (or PhD) degree with a focus in one of the following areas:
▪ Holographic or Light Field Displays (Holographic Stereograms)
▪ Multi-projector Systems
▪ Image Processing
▪ 3D Computer Graphics Rendering
▪ 3D Computer Vision
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. The successful applicant should be strongly qualified in at least some of the desired areas and will have to get up to speed quickly. Equity in the company will be available to a strong candidate.
This position is full time and the candidate must be willing to relocate to Knoxville (Oak Ridge), Tennessee. As a startup, TDT may be willing to pay rental truck and airline fare expenses for relocation (negotiable).
Application: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide:
• Contact information including email and phone,
• Resume or CV with publication list,
• Short description of a challenging graduate-level problem you have solved and why that problem
is an important one, and
• Coding sample (preferably Github).